Thursday, July 24, 2008

The country of the metaphor

I was talking with a colleague yesterday, and she referred to someone who she couldn't get a hold of as being incognito. That triggered an idea.

If I was designing my own country, I'd like to have some cities with names like this:

Cognito - The city where everyone travels in disguise. If I can't find someone, he (or she) must be in Cognito.

Effable - If I'm looking for someone who's often subject to hard-to-express ideas, I'd be sure to look in Effable.

Ept - The clumsy, useless people are in Ept.

Effigy - This will be where all the hangings take place. "The murderer was hung in Effigy."

Ertia - The people are hard to get going, but once they do, they're hard to stop in Ertia.


You get the idea. If you're looking for me, I'll be in Scrutable.

No comments: