Saturday, May 31, 2008

Packed to the rim

Saturday morning, 8:35 AM - I have never seen that CR-V packed so full of stuff. For a while, I was wondering I was going to have a leave a telescope and mount behind, but I managed to get it all in.

Here's a partial list of what I'm taking:

2 telescopes and mounts
Indoor-outdoor carpet to spread over the dusty west Texas dirt
Plastic tarps to cover the scopes during the daytime
Bungee cords to hold down the tarps
Observing chair
Reclining lawn chair
Binoculars
Canon Digital SLR
Canon Camcorder
Batteries, extension cords, chargers, tools
Bug repellent
Snacks
Three accessory cases (eyepieces, finder scopes, Telrads, etc.)
Notebook computer

Plus clothing, toiletries, jackets, etc.

I'm leaving shortly. I'll stop in San Antonio for a brief visit to Mom, then off to Junction for an overnight stay in a Best Western.

The long range forecast looks good for the Star Party.

Universe, here I come.

No comments: