Sunday, March 18, 2007

Reawakening a dormant hobby

Now that I've gotten my private pilot certificate, I'm able to devote a little more time to my one of my other hobbies, which is amateur astronomy.

Like aviation, amateur astronomy is something that brings people together into communities, and the Internet has facilitated this. Lots of talented people who love the sky have put up webpages devoted to their interest.

One such person is Kirk Rogers. I stumbled across his website while searching for information on an equatorial mount I recently acquired. Kirk's site is: http://www.kiroastro.com/index.html
and it's great. Take some time to peruse it, and you will be amply rewarded.

Of course, there is a downside to this - now I want an observatory.

Let's see, private plane, observatory - I've just got to win the lottery!

Clear skies!




No comments: