Saturday, October 07, 2006

A few pictures

We'll be getting back to aviation entries soon, but I shot a few pictures I wanted to upload.


A few days ago, I went out in the backyard and found that a spider had been busy. I'm no big fan of spiders, but their webs are amazing to see. Yes, that's a little bug at the center, haute cuisine for spiders.


Last night (October 5) was an exceptionally beautiful Harvest moon. I took the camera and went to spot near our house. This was a full moon at perigee (closest approach to earth) so it appears in the sky 12% larger than when the moon is at apogee. 300 mm lens.


Same moon, exiting from behind a cloud bank. I zoomed out a bit so the trees were visible. I used Photoshop Elements 4.0, and chose autolevels and it came out with this gorgeous blue sky. I liked it.

No comments: